We occupy a large site on the corner of Eastbourne Grove and Carlingford Drive and there are several areas which are available to hirers. Many organisations hold their meetings here. We have three halls. They are called the Church Hall, the Youth Hall, and the Small Hall; we also have a meeting room called The Steel Suite.
The halls can be hired for all sorts of activities.
To enquire about the St Peter’s Community Halls, and how to hire them, e-mail [email protected] or telephone the Church Office 01702-300402.
Contact details for all the organisations which use our halls can be found in our monthly magazine, “Linked News”, available in the church foyer or the parish office.
The Community Halls are the venue for Scouts and Guides. This includes:
- Rainbow Guides – Tuesday evening (term-time)
- Brownie Guides – Tuesday evening (term-time)
- Brownie Guides – Friday evening (term-time)
- Guides – Friday evening (term-time)
- Beaver Scouts – Monday evening (term-time)
- Cub Scouts – Monday evening (term-time)
- Scouts – Monday evening (term-time)
Edward Bear Club, a group for mothers and toddlers, also meets here on Tuesday mornings.
Dance & Fitness
The halls are used for the following activities:
- Pilates – Monday morning
- Pilates – Monday evening
- Diddi Dance – Tuesday morning
- Tap Dance Group – Tuesday
- Tap Dancing – Wednesday morning
- Adult Beginners Ballet – Wednesday
- Freedman School of Dancing – Wednesday afternoon and evening
- Zumba – Wednesday evening
- Karate – Thursday afternoon
- Scottish Dancing – Friday evening
- Taoist Tai Chi – Sunday evening, Thursday lunch time and Saturday morning
- Heron Park Short Mat Bowls Club – Monday to Friday
- St. Peter’s Tennis Club – Monday to Friday
- Southend Festival Chorus – Wednesday evening
- Southend Band – Thursday evening
Groups and organisations of a more general nature include:
- Cardiac Care & Rehabilitation – Wednesday morning
- Art Class – Thursday afternoon
- Internet Café Self Help Computer Group – Friday morning
- Different Strokes – Saturday afternoon